All advertisements booked to appear in The Gold Torch will only be accepted on the condition that the advertiser agrees to indemnify and hold The Gold Torch harmless against any and all loses, claims, damages or liabilities to which The Gold Torch may become subject.
Furthermore, advertisers agree to reimburse The Gold Torch for any reasonable legal or other expenses incurred in connection with the defense of any actions relating to the publication of the acknowledged advertisement in The Gold Torch.
These terms apply but are not limited to actions arising out of or based upon:
1. any alleged libel, slander, defamation or invasion of any persons right to privacy or publicity;
2. any alleged copyright or trademark infringement of title or slogan, or any claim of plagiarism or piracy;
3. any claim of unfair competition or misappropriation or any alleged violation of the United States (i) Federal Trade Commission Act, (ii) Lanham Act or (iii) other federal or state law regulating unfair competition or the content of advertisements; and
4. any alleged violation of the United States (i) Security Acts of 1993 (as amended) (ii) Securities Exchange Act of 1934 (iii) Investment Advisers Act 1940 or (iv) other federal or state law relating to the public offering of securities or investments or the giving of advice with respect thereto, the advertiser covenants that it (i) will make diligent efforts to determine that all material contained in the advertisement will in fact be true and (ii) will not use the name, portrait of any person without first having obtained the written consent of such person, or if a minor, of his or her parents or guardian.
5. any claim brought in relation to the Financial Services Act of 1986 and any Rule of instrument relating thereto.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
Faculty Advisor Mike Gormley
The Gold Torch
The Cosby Center
P.O. Box 1004, Central State University
Wilberforce, Ohio 45384
Phone: (937) 376-6491 firstname.lastname@example.org